2014 UTSA Ricardo Romo Classic meet information
LaVera Morris, meet director
· Friday, Sept. 19 (university/college/open)
· Saturday, Sept. 20 (high school)
2 Gass Road
San Antonio, Texas 78253
(please note that the Gass Road entrance will be used)
From IH-10 in Northwest San Antonio
· Take Loop 1604 South toward Sea World for approximately seven miles
· Turn right on Shaenfield Road and travel west for one-and-a-half miles before it turns into Galm Road
· Follow Galm Road for three-and-a-half miles until it reaches Culebra Road
· Turn left onto Culebra Road and travel east for a half mile
· Turn right on Gass Road and follow the directions of the parking attendants to keep traffic flowing
From IH-10/35 in South San Antonio
· Take U.S. 90 West toward Del Rio and proceed for approximately seven miles
· Take Texas 151/Stotzer Freeway West toward Sea World and proceed for approximately 10 miles
· Merge onto Loop 1604 North
· Exit FM 471/Culebra Road
· Turn left on Gass Road (first left after Roft Road)
· Do NOT turn on Roft Road, as you will NOT be allowed to use that entrance
· Please follow directions of parking attendants to keep traffic flowing
View Larger Map
Parking will be $5 per car. Teams in busses and vans with athletes in uniform will be directed to the team parking area. Everyone else will be charged $5 per car, including athletes who show up with parents or friends instead of with the team. Please make your parents aware of this change so there are no surprises when they arrive at the meet.
Team van and bus parking will be the first left on Gass Road. Athletes must arrive with their team and coach to get into the team parking area. Athletes arriving with parents will be directed to the spectator parking area. Spectators can choose to park at the first entrance for $5 per car or be directed to the second entrance for the free spectator parking area. Click here for a parking map.
Click here to see a list of UTSA Athletics hotel partners.
Packet pickup will be from 4-7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 19, at the team parking area, and at designated times on the morning of Saturday, Sept. 20 (see schedule below).
The course inspection will be from 4-6:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 19.
This is the same location as the 2013 UTSA and UIL Region IV meet, and the same course that will be used for the 2014 UIL Region IV meet.
· University/college/open men & women: 3.1 miles (5k)
· Gold-6A-5A (boys/girls) & 4A-3A-2A-1A (boys): 3.1 miles (5k)
· 4A-3A-2A-1A (girls) & JV (girls/boys): 2 miles
· University/college/open (unlimited entries)
· Gold (elite boys and girls teams only/only seven per team)
· 6A-5A-4A-3A-2A-1A (unlimited entries)
· JV (only for sophomores and younger/we will allow junior high athletes, as well)
Teams must run in their division or in the gold division. If you choose to move up, you only can move seven up to a higher division. You still can run as many as you want in your UIL classification.
The entry fee this year is $15 per athlete (please note change) and you are asked to pay at packet pickup (checks are not to be mailed). Make checks payable to "UTSA Athletics" and list the meet name in the memo section. Due to the fact that we have to rent chips for our timing system, you will be charged for the number of athletes that you register/enter and NOT for the number of athletes who run. Additionally, teams who enter but do not show up also will be billed. PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF THIS WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRIES.
*** University/college/open ***
Coaches are asked to click here to download an entry spreadsheet. Be sure to include all coach contact information in case there are any issues and/or concerns and we need to get a hold of you. Please include all information requested for each entered athlete and email the completed file to email@example.com.
*** High School ***
We will be using athletic.net for both the UTSA Ricardo Romo Classic and UIL Region IV meets this year. Below are instructions for submitting your entries (click here to watch a video of how to submit your entries).
1. Click here to sign up for a free coach account (if you do not have one already).
2. Add meets to your calendar …
· After receiving a confirmation email, you will need to log on to athletic.net with your email address and password in order to add meets to your season calendar.
· Once you are logged in, click on your team's name in the left navigation bar and click "Add Meet" above your calendar box.
· Enter 93417 where it says "Meet ID:" and click "Add".
· Review the information and click "Save and Continue >" (please note you may need to click "Save and Continue >" again).
· Repeat this process for the remainder of your season calendar (you also can add meets by date if you don't know the meet ID number).
· Verify that your calendar is correct and use the edit button next to meets to make corrections.
3. Enter your team roster by clicking “Edit Athletes” on the coaches toolbar on your team page. You can manually add athletes to your roster or upload by using the "Upload Athlete Roster" option.
4. Register athletes for UTSA Ricardo Romo Classic …
· Locate the meet on your team's main cross country page and click on it.
· On the right under "Team Tools," click "Register Athletes".
· You can click "Increment Divisions" to quickly register all your athletes in the first race division or manually select the race division for each athlete.
· Use the boxes on the bottom of the page to add additional athletes to your roster.
The deadline for submitting entries is 3 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 15.
The meet will use chip timing and instructions about the chips will be in your packets.
Portable restrooms will be available. Please respect the restrooms in the holding start areas, as they are for competing athletes only. Showers will not be available.
Special trophies will be awarded to the winning teams and trophies will be presented to the top 10 finishers in each race. Medals will be given to the top 10 finishers in the JV races, but there will not be a team champion in those races.
The post-race awards ceremonies will take place at the awards tent at the designated times (see schedule below).
All results will be posted at the awards tent and will be available on goUTSA.com approximately an hour after the final race of each day.
Division I teams will be scored separately from non-Division I teams.
· This is the same course that will be used for the UIL Region IV Championships on Saturday, Nov. 1.
· Concessions will be available.
Friday, Sept. 19
· University/college/open women - 6:30 p.m.
· University/college/open men - 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 20 (please note time changes from previous years)
(girls followed by boys)
|7 a.m.||8:15 a.m.||Gold Girls (5K)||9:20 a.m.|
|7 a.m.||8:45 a.m.||Gold Boys (5K)||9:20 a.m.|
|8 a.m.||9:15 a.m.||6A Girls (5K)||10:20 a.m.|
|8 a.m.||9:45 a.m.||6A Boys (5K)||10:20 a.m.|
|9 a.m.||10:15 a.m.||JV Girls (2M)||11:05 a.m.|
|9 a.m.||10:45 a.m.||JV Boys (2M)||11:05 a.m.|
|9:45 a.m.||11:15 a.m.||5A Girls (5K)||12:05 p.m.|
|9:45 a.m.||11:45 a.m.||5A Boys (5K)||12:05 p.m.|
|10:45 a.m.||12:15 p.m.||4A Girls (2M)||1 p.m.|
|10:45 a.m.||12:35 p.m.||4A Boys (5K)||1 p.m.|
|11:30 a.m.||1:05 p.m.||3A Girls (2M)||2 p.m.|
|11:30 a.m.||1:30 p.m.||3A Boys (5K)||2 p.m.|
|12 p.m.||2 p.m.||2A/1A Girls (2M)||2:45 p.m.|
|12 p.m.||2:20 p.m.||2A/1A Boys (5K)||2:45 p.m.|
NOTICE REGARDING RECORDINGS
These events may be photographed, recorded and/or taped. By your attendance at this activity, you hereby grant permission for your image, likeness, actions and statements that are captured in such photographs, recordings or tapes (“Recordings”) to be used in any medium or context without further approval, authorization or compensation and you understand that all such Recordings, in whatever medium, shall remain the property of UTSA.