Roadrunners add pair to signing class
SAN ANTONIO — Interim head coach Greg Sheen announced the addition of Lauren Hodgdon (Rosenberg, Texas/Lamar Consolidated HS/Houston) and Allyssa Troy (Altadena, Calif./Pasadena HS) to his program’s 2014 signing class on Tuesday.
The duo will join fellow signees Olivia Johnson (San Antonio, Texas/MacArthur HS), Makayla Schmidt (Fairmont, W.Va./Morgantown HS), Kaja Skare (Oslo, Norway/WANG Toppidrett) and Jenny Trommer (Strausberg, Germany/Theodor-Fontane Gymnasium).
“Our very good recruiting class just got better with the addition of Lauren Hodgdon and Allyssa Troy,” Sheen said. “Both players possess very good athleticism and competitiveness and both should compete for quality minutes immediately.”
Forward · Jr.-TR
Rosenberg, Texas (Lamar Consolidated HS/Houston)
· Played in 24 games with three starts in two seasons at Houston
· Recorded a pair of goals on six shots
· First-team all-district and second-team all-region selection as a senior at Lamar Consolidated High School
· Led her district in scoring for three consecutive seasons and tallied more than 125 winners in her career
Hodgdon on UTSA …
"I’m very excited and grateful to be joining the UTSA soccer program. I know that I will be surrounded by great coaches and teammates that will push and develop me on the field. I can’t wait for our season to begin."
Defender · Fr.-HS
Altadena, Calif. (Pasadena HS)
· Four-year varsity letterwinner at Pasadena High School
· Earned first-team Pacific League honors as a senior
· Bulldogs’ Defensive Most Valuable Player
Troy on UTSA …
"I’ve always known that I wanted to go away for school and play soccer at the collegiate level. I feel that UTSA will be a perfect school for me because of their high-level program and great atmosphere. It also provides me the opportunity for a change of scenery to help me become more independent and grow as a person."