Women's basketball program to host free coaches clinic on Sunday
SAN ANTONIO — The UTSA women’s basketball program will host a free coaches clinic from 1-4 p.m. on Sunday at the UTSA Convocation Center.
The clinic is open to all high school, junior high, AAU and youth league coaches and it will be a great opportunity to learn coaching strategies and drills from successful college and high school coaches.
A complete list of speakers and their topics of discussion are below.
· Lubomyr Lichonczak, UTSA Women’s Basketball Head Coach
— quick hitters
· Kristen Holt, UTSA Women’s Basketball Associate Head Coach
— transition & press offense
· Koty Cowgill, San Antonio Brennan Hight School Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach
2013-14 UIL state playoffs
— player development
· Christopher Minner, Our Lady of the Lake University Women’s Basketball Head Coach
2012-13 NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Championship Tournament
— press defense
· Kari Wallace, former Cibolo Steele Hight School Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach
2013 UIL state finalist & 2008-10 UIL state semifinalist
— maintaining an up-tempo practice