UTSA rallies past Southeastern Louisiana, 4-3
SAN ANTONIO — Southeastern Louisiana won the opening doubles point, but UTSA rallied in singles play and edged the Lady Lions, 4-3, on Monday afternoon at the UTSA Tennis Center.
The Roadrunners (8-11, 3-6 SLC), who snapped a seven-game losing streak, tied the contest after junior Kavya Menon rolled to a 6-1, 6-0 victory against Morgane Dadot at No. 4 singles.
UTSA then won three of the next five tilts to complete to come-from-behind victory.
Sophomore Isabelle Jonsson provided the clinching point at No. 2 singles with a 6-3, 6-2 triumph against Laura Verges.
Senior Micaela Silva and junior Natalie Hand also netted wins at the Nos. 3 and 6 positions, respectively.
After winning two of three doubles matchups, Southeastern Louisiana (8-10, 1-8 SLC) earned victories at Nos. 1 and 5 singles.
The Roadrunners will continue Southland Conference play on Saturday when they host Lamar.
UTSA 4, Southeastern Louisiana 3
1. Castillo/Verges (SLU) def. Peana/Jonsson (UTSA) 8-4
2. Carrillo/Silva (UTSA) def. Chelini/Courbis (SLU) 8-4
3. Charpenne/Dadot (SLU) def. Menon/Hand (UTSA) 8-6
1. Audrey Chelini (SLU) def. Stefanie Peana (UTSA) 6-2, 6-4
2. Isabelle Jonsson (UTSA) def. Laura Verges (SLU) 6-3, 6-2
3. Micaela Silva (UTSA) def. Adriana Castillo (SLU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Kavya Menon (UTSA) def. Morgane Dadot (SLU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Morgane Charpenne (SLU) def. Irene Gonzalez (UTSA) 6-3, 7-5
6. Natalie Hand (UTSA) def. Marion Courbis (SLU) 6-1, 6-1