Courtesy: UTSA Athletics Communications
ARLINGTON — The UTSA women's tennis team was swept by No. 59 UT Arlington on Sunday afternoon.
The Mavericks improved to 11-4 overall and remained at the top of the Southland Conference standings with a perfect 6-0 mark. Meanwhile, the Roarunners dropped to 4-8 overall and 1-4 in league play.
UTSA was defeated in straight sets in all six singles matches after dropping all three doubles contests.
The Birds will return to the courts on Saturday, April 2, at Lamar (12-2, 4-1 SLC). First serve is scheduled for 11 a.m.
#59 UT Arlington 7, UTSA 0Doubles
1. Negreanu/Aqvist (UTA) def. Peana/Silva (UTSA) 8-3
2. Mayuk/D'ortona (UTA) def. Menon/Maffezzolli (UTSA) 8-1
3. Matovicova/Martinez (UTA) def. Ottenbreit/Dedering (UTSA) 8-2Singles
1. Daiana Negreanu (UTA) def. Stefanie Peana (UTSA) 6-3, 6-0
2. Linda Aqvist (UTA) def. Micaela Silva (UTSA) 6-4, 6-3
3. Maria Martinez (UTA) def. Kavya Menon (UTSA) 6-0, 6-0
4. Natalia Mayuk (UTA) def. Caroline Dedering (UTSA) 6-2, 6-1
5. Giada D'ortona (UTA) def. Katie Ottenbreit (UTSA) 6-1, 6-0
6. Nikola Matovicova (UTA) def. Mariel Maffezzolli (UTSA) 6-0, 6-0