Courtesy: UTSA Athletics
SAN ANTONIO — UT Arlington handed UTSA its six consecutive loss with a 4-1 decision in Western Athletic Conference (WAC) play on Saturday at the UTSA Tennis Center.
The Roadrunners (5-11, 0-5 WAC) picked up their lone point in singles competition after Jacobea Junger earned a 6-4, 6-1 victory over Katar Kikosavljevic at the top spot.
Meanwhile, the Mavericks (5-9, 4-2 WAC) won two doubles tilts and three singles matchups to run away with the league victory.
UTSA will wrap up its home stand against New Mexico State at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Prior to the match, the Roadrunners will honor their three seniors - Natalie Hand, Mariel Maffezzolli and Kavya Menon.
UT Arlington 4, UTSA 1
1. Dennis/Thoms (UTA) def. Jonsson/Shichkova (UTSA) 8-2
2. Junger/Garcia-Diaz (UTSA) vs. D'Ortona /Scott (UTA) 6-6, unfinished
3. Dikosavljevic/Foote (UTA) def. Menon/Hand (UTSA) 8-2
1. Jacobea Junger (UTSA) def. Katar Dikosavljevic (UTA) 6-4, 6-1
2. Isabelle Jonsson (UTSA) vs. Giada D'Ortona (UTA) 6-7, 6-2, 1-2, unfinished
3. Brook Dennis (UTA) def. Alena Shichkova (UTSA) 6-3, 6-2
4. Elizabeth Thoms (UTA) def. Kavya Menon (UTSA) 6-1, 7-6 (7-4)
5. Miranda Poile (UTSA) vs. Liucija Smaizyta (UTA) 6-4, 2-6, 5-3, unfinished
6. Verena Scott (UTA) def. Irene Gonzalez (UTSA) 6-3, 6-2