No. 67 North Texas ends UTSA's winning streak on Saturday, 5-2
DENTON — No. 67 North Texas ended UTSA's winning streak at five matches with a 5-2 victory on Saturday at Waranch Tennis Complex.
The Mean Green (9-10) swept the opening two doubles contests to go up early and then won four of the six singles tilts.
Jacobea Junger and Miriam Rosell Canudas saw their 11-match winning streak on the top doubles court come to an end with an 8-6 setback to Kseniya Bardabush and Franziska Sprinkmeyer.
Rosell Canudas and Isabelle Jonsson were the only Roadrunners to post victories on the day.
Rosell Canudas picked up her 10th straight win at the No. 2 singles spot with a 6-4, 6-2 trimuph against Anastasiya Shestakova. She now is 15-3 this spring.
Meanwhile, Jonsson won her sixth match in a row with a 6-4, 6-3 victory against Agustina Valenzuela at the No. 3 position.
UTSA (10-8) will continue its season-ending four-match road trip at noon on Sunday at SMU (8-11).
#67 North Texas 5, UTSA 2
1. Bardabush/Sprinkmeyer (UNT) def. Junger/Rosell Canudas (UTSA) 8-6
2. Shestakova/Thoma (UNT) def. Garcia-Diaz/Shichkova (UTSA) 8-1
3. Joubert/Valenzuela (UNT) vs. Hallgren/Jonsson (UTSA) 6-5, unfinished
1. Kseniya Bardabush (UNT) def. Jacobea Junger (UTSA) 6-1, 6-0
2. Miriam Rosell Canudas (UTSA) def. Anastasiya Shestakova (UNT) 6-4, 6-2
3. Isabelle Jonsson (UTSA) def. Agustina Valenzuela (UNT) 6-4, 6-3
4. Alexis Thoma (UNT) def. Nicole Karaklis (UTSA) 6-1, 6-4
5. Franziska Sprinkmeyer (UNT) def. Lina Hallgren (UTSA) 6-4, 6-0
6. Ana Sofia Cordero (UNT) def. Irene Gandara Gonzalez (UTSA) 6-0, 6-4
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1)