SAN ANTONIO — No. 43 UTSA will head to New Orleans this week to take part in the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate, which will be played at English Turn Golf & Country Club (par 72/6,105 yards).
The Roadrunners are coming off an eighth-place finish at last weekend’s season-opening Florida State Match-Up. Freshman Brogan Townend paced the team with a 225 (78-74-73) and tied for 18th place in the individual standings.
This year's tournament field features eight teams ranked among the nation’s top 25 programs and 16 of the 18 come into the event in Golfstat's Top 50.
Additionally, 11 of the 90 individuals competing this week already have captured at least one individual title this year.
Where: English Turn Golf & Country Club (par 72/6,105 yards) – New Orleans, La.
When: Sunday, Feb. 24 – Tuesday, Feb. 26
Teams: #4 Alabama, #35 Auburn, #19 Baylor, Colorado, #2 Duke, #3 Florida, #41 LSU, #47 Ohio State, #16 Oklahoma State, Oregon, #17 Purdue, #24 Texas, #21 Texas A&M, #31 Tulane, Tulsa, #25 UCLA, #1 USC, UTSA.
Live Stats: golfstat.com
Fabiola Arriaga (Jr. - Torreon, Mexico)
· Recorded a three of top-10 finishes this season
· Leads the team and ranks 41st in the nation with a 72.87 stroke average
· Shot a career-low round of 68 in the second round of the Golfweek Conference Challenge (Sept. 24-26)
· 2012 Southland Conference Player of the Year
· Two-time first-team all-conference selection
· Set a program record with a 74.91 stroke average last season
Chelsea Bretcher (Jr. - Austin, Texas)
· Owns a 76.95 career stroke average and is fourth on the squad at 76.33 this season
· Shot a career-low 222 (73-75-74) to tie for 26th at the Mercedes-Benz Intercollegiate (Oct. 12-14)
· Shot a career-best round of 72 at The Alamo Invitational (Oct. 28-30)
Taylor Newlin (Jr. - Frisco, Texas)
· Third on the team with a 75.73 stroke average
· Shot a season-low 216 (72-78-71) in her last outing at The Alamo Invitational (Oct. 28-30)
· 2011 and 2012 second-team All-Southland Conference
· Her 76.43 stroke average ranks third in program history
· Has played in all 27 tournaments in the last three seasons
Brogan Townend (Fr. - Blackburn, England)
· Owns a 76.67 stroke average
· Shot a season-best 220, which included a round of 68, at The Alamo Invitational (Oct. 28-30)
· Tied for 28th at the event for her best finish of the fall
· A member of the English National Team
· Two-time runner-up at the Northern Women's Championship
· 2011 Faldo Series Girls Champion
Paola Valerio (Sr. - Mexico City, Mexico)
· Second on the team with a 75.53 stroke average
· Tied for 22nd at The Alamo Invitational (Oct. 28-30), where she carded rounds of 71-73-74 for a season-low 218
· Three-time All-Southland Conference honoree (2010-11 first-team/2012 second-team)
· 2011 Southland Conference Player of the Year
· Ranks second in program history with a 76 career scoring average
· Has played in a team-high 32 tournaments during her career