UTSA ends three-match losing streak with 4-3 victory at William & Mary
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. — UTSA snapped a three-game losing streak with a 4-3 victory at William & Mary on Tuesday.
Diogo Casa provided the clinching win at No. 2 singles after battling through a three-set match with Anton Andersson.
The Roadrunners (7-6) dropped two of three doubles contests, but they rallied to win four of the six singles tilts to edge the Tribe (6-10), which now has lost five consecutive outings.
Casa and Martin Ayala ended their two-match winless stretch in doubles action with an 8-5 victory at the top spot.
Meanwhile, Ayala, Joel Rubio and David Kelleher also picked up with singles wins, all in straight sets.
UTSA will open a three-match home stand against future Conference USA foe Southern Mississippi (10-5) on Friday. First serve is scheduled for 10 a.m.
UTSA 4, William & Mary 3
1. Ayala/Casa (UTSA) def. Chaffee/Andersson (CWM) 8-5
2. Hoogland/Vodislav (CWM) def. Brown/Rubio (UTSA) 8-2
3. Banks/Guthrie (CWM) def. Kelleher/Kilgo (UTSA) 8-3
1. Martin Ayala (UTSA) def. Aaron Chaffee (CWM) 6-2, 6-1
2. Diogo Casa (UTSA) def. Anton Andersson (CWM) 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
3. Joel Rubio (UTSA) def. Ben Hoogland (CWM) 6-4, 6-3
4. Adrian Vodislav (CWM) def. Tyler Brown (UTSA) 5-7, 7-5, 1-0 (10-6)
5. David Kelleher (UTSA) def. John Banks (CWM) 7-5, 6-2
6. Scott Huang (CWM) def. Hugo Guanais (UTSA) 6-1, 6-1