BEAUMONT — Senior Daniel Moser provided the clinching point and UTSA knocked off Lamar, 5-2, on Thursday afternoon for its third consecutive victory.
The Roadrunners (10-9, 2-1 SLC) won the opening doubles point and picked up wins in four of the six singles tilts to cruise to the three-point triumph.
Moser's clincher came after he swept Mikko Rajamaki, 6-4, 6-2, at the No. 6 position.
Juniors Tyler Brown and Martin Ayala and freshman David Kelleher also picked up victories in singles play.
Kelleher's triumph marked his fifth straight and team-leading 13th of the spring.
The Cardinals (6-7, 0-2 SLC) collected their only points at Nos. 1 and 4 singles.
UTSA will return home to host UT Arlington at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
UTSA 5, Lamar 2
1. Zanotelli/Junger (UTSA) def. Horvath/Lee (LU) 8-6
2. Ermilov/Valdenebro (LU) def. Ayala/Rubio (UTSA) 8-5
3. Brown/Kilgo (UTSA) def. Rajamaki/Snyder (LU) 8-3
1. Rob Lee (LU) def. Yannick Junger (UTSA) 6-2, 6-2
2. Tyler Brown (UTSA) def. Denis Ermilov (LU) 6-7 (4-7), 7-6 (7-4), 1-0 (10-4)
3. Martin Ayala (UTSA) def. Marton Horvath (LU) 6-1, 6-1
4. Carlos Valdenebro (LU) def. Joel Rubio (UTSA) 7-5, 6-3
5. David Kelleher (UTSA) def. Bruno Snyder (LU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Daniel Moser (UTSA) def. Mikko Rajamaki (LU) 6-4, 6-2