UTSA sweeps Laredo Community College
SAN ANTONIO — UTSA continued its winning ways with a 7-0 home sweep of Laredo Community College on Friday.
The Roadrunners (9-9) got out to a quick lead by taking two of three doubles matches, including an 8-3 victory by sophomore Kolby Kilgo and junior Tyler Brown at the No. 3 position.
UTSA carried over the momentum into singles play by taking every match in straight sets.
Brown won his second consecutive match with an impressive 6-4, 6-0 victory at the No. 2 spot.
Meanwhile, freshman David Kelleher improved his singles record to a team-best 12-3 with a 6-4, 6-1 win at the fifth spot.
The Roadrunners will return to action on Thursday, April 5, when they travel to Beaumont to take on Lamar.
UTSA 7, Laredo CC 0
1. Junger/Zanotelli (UTSA) def. Kliskinic/Castela (LCC) 8-6
2. Ivic/Gomes (LCC) def. Ayala/Rubio (UTSA) 9-7 (7-4)
3. Kilgo/Brown (UTSA) def. Assuncao/Hernandez (LCC) 8-3
1. Yannick Junger (UTSA) def. Jair Assuncao (LCC) 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)
2. Tyler Brown (UTSA) def. Bruno Kliskinic (LCC) 6-4, 6-0
3. Martin Ayala (UTSA) def. Jeremie Castela (LCC) 6-2, 7-6 (7-5)
4. Joel Rubio (UTSA) def. Leonard Ivic (LCC) 6-4, 6-4
5. David Kelleher (UTSA) def. Caio Gomes (LCC) 6-4, 6-1
6. Daniel Moser (UTSA) def. Luis Hernandez (LCC) 6-2, 4-1 (retired)