Courtesy: UTSA Athletics Communications
EDINBURG — UTSA completed its regular season with a 5-2 victory at Texas-Pan American on Saturday.
Sophomore Tyler Brown provided the clinching win at No. 2 singles for UTSA (10-9, 4-1 SLC) after defeating Beau Bernstein, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.
Texas-Pan American (1-13, 1-4 SLC), which dropped its seventh consecutive match, picked up the win in the top doubles flight, but the Roadrunners rebounded to claim the other two to take an early 1-0 lead.
UTSA then earned triumphs in four of the six singles matchups to complete the match. Senior Max Stratmann and juniors Daniel Moser and Pedro Zanotelli joined Brown with wins in singles play.
The Roadrunners will enter the Southland Conference Tournament as the second seed and have a bye in the opening round. The three-day event begins Friday, April 30, at the UTSA Tennis Center.
UTSA 5, Texas-Pan American 2
1. Vijayaragavan/Bernstein (UTPA) def. Ayala/Zanotelli (UTSA) 8-1
2. Brown/Junger (UTSA) def. Teivans/Riani (UTPA) 8-3
3. Stratmann/Kilgo (UTSA) def. Hopker/Alves (UTPA) 8-6
1. Ashwin Vijayaragavan (UTPA) def. Martin Ayala (UTSA) 6-2, 7-6 (7-3)
2. Tyler Brown (UTSA) def. Beau Bernstein (UTPA) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
3. Ricardo Hopker (UTPA) def. Yannick Junger (UTSA) 6-3, 6-2
4. Max Stratmann (UTSA) def. Matt Teivans (UTPA) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
5. Daniel Moser (UTSA) def. Sebastien Job (UTPA) 3-6, 6-1, 6-0
6. Pedro Zanotelli (UTSA) def. Victor Alves (UTPA) 6-1, 6-3