Courtesy: UTSA Athletics Communications
PORTLAND, Ore. — UTSA won its third consecutive match on Saturday with a 7-0 triumph against Montana at the Louisiana-Pacific Tennis Center.
The Roadrunners (8-5) cruised to a sweep for the second day in a row in the Pacific Northwest and now have won six of their past seven outings.
Sophomores Martin Ayala and Tyler Brown each improved to 10-3 on the season in singles play after notching straight-sets wins against the Grizzlies (3-4).
Ayala defeated Michael Facey, 7-6 (7-5), 6-1, at the top spot, while Brown blanked Cody Kohlmoos, 6-0, 6-0, at the No. 3 position.
Each of the remaining four singles contests also were decided in two sets.
Brown and freshman Yannick Junger teamed up for an 8-0 victory against Ethan Vaughn and Ben Demarois.
UTSA concludes its road swing on Sunday when it takes on Portland at 11 a.m. (CT).
UTSA 7, Montana 0
1. Ayala/Moreiras (UTSA) def. Cysneiros/Braun (UM) 8-1
2. Brown/Junger (UTSA) def. Vaughn/Demarois (UM) 8-0
3. Kilgo/Stratmann (UTSA) def. Blum/Kohlmoos (UM) 8-5
1. Martin Ayala (UTSA) def. Michael Facey (UM) 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
2. Yannick Junger (UTSA) def. David Cysneiros (UM) 7-5, 6-2
3. Tyler Brown (UTSA) def. Cody Kohlmoos (UM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Max Stratmann (UTSA) def. Ethan Vaughn (UM) 7-5, 6-3
5. Daniel Moser (UTSA) def. Ben Demarois (UM) 6-2, 6-3
6. Pedro Zanotelli (UTSA) def. Eric Braun (UM) 6-2, 6-3