The AD's Corner — Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014
Roadrunner Athletic Fund Nearing $4 Million Mark For 2013-14
“We’re so pleased to have more than 2,100 donors supporting UTSA Athletics at a record level,” RAF Director Taylor Adkins said. “With just a few days left before the end of the fiscal year, we hope to eclipse $4 million by the end of the week. That would be an outstanding accomplishment.”
Anyone interested in making a gift or an additional gift for this fiscal year should click here or contact the Roadrunner Athletic Fund today at (210) 458-4665. Any gifts made by Sunday will count toward benefits for the upcoming football season and increase loyalty points for the opportunity to purchase away game and bowl game tickets. Click here for more information on the RAF.
Access To Home Football Hospitality Areas Revised
In the past, admittance to the Skyline and Roadrunners Lounges has been based on the type of tickets purchased. Going forward, access to hospitality areas will be based on annual donation levels as described below.
Skyline Lounge (Hall of Fame Club) — The Skyline Lounge has been renamed as the Hall of Fame Club. The club will be accessible to any season ticket holder at the All-Conference ($1,000) level and above. It will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff and remain open until one hour after the game. The entrance to the Hall of Fame Club is located on the club level near section 201 at the north end of the Alamodome. San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame plaques have been relocated to the newly-named area.
Roadrunners Lounge — The Roadrunners Lounge is the on-field hospitality area that is open 90 minutes prior to game time until 10 minutes prior to kickoff. This season, the Roadrunners Lounge will be accessible to season ticket holders at the All-American ($2,500) annual donor level and above. The entrance to the Roadrunners Lounge is on the main concourse behind section 101. Show your tickets to the usher at the top of the escalators and you will be allowed to go down to the field level. The Roadrunners Lounge is located in the northwest corner of the playing field.
Hospitality access information is printed on season tickets purchased prior to June 1. Individual game hospitality passes are being mailed to season ticket holders who purchased tickets after June 1. Please contact Taylor Adkins at (210) 458-4665 if you have hospitality access questions for the upcoming season.
TDECU Stadium Almost Ready For Roadrunners
Among the items that will not be ready for Friday night’s nationally-televised game are an auxiliary scoreboard/video board in the southeast corner of the stadium and ribbon boards that will evetually span between the 20-yard lines on the north and south sides. All concession stands will be up and running at 100 percent according to Rhodes.
There still are tickets remaining for the contest and UTSA fans wishing to purchase them should call the Houston Ticket Office at (713) 462-6647.
Second Bus May Be Available For Houston
"UTSA Football Insider" To Debut This Week
Brute Squad Tailgating Team Donates $10,000 to Engineering
Cross Country, Volleyball Teams To Open Season This Weekend
Under the direction of first-year coach and former UTSA standout David Hartman, the harrier squads will make a short trip across town to compete at the Alamo City Opener at 6:45 p.m. in Live Oak.
Led by 13th-year head coach Laura Neugebauer-Groff, the defending Conference USA Champion and preseason favorite volleyball team will play Tulane at 12:30 p.m. and Iowa at 7:30 p.m. on the first day of the Texas A&M Invitational in College Station. UTSA then will face the host Aggies at 3 p.m. the following day.
Head coach Larry Coker and the Roadrunners will open the season at 8 p.m. on Friday at the Houston Cougars’ brand new TDECU Stadium before an ESPNU national television audience.
UTSA then will return home to the Alamodome to host Arizona at 7 p.m. next Thursday, Sept. 4, before a national television audience on FOX Sports 1.
As your heart races with anticipation for the upcoming season, we want to make you aware of game day enhancements and promotions that you should anticipate at next week’s UTSA home opener in the Alamodome. The fan experience in and around the Alamodome never has been better.
The Pregame Experience
2. VIA Park and Ride services will be provided beginning at 4 p.m. next Thursday from three locations — the UTSA Main Campus, Crossroads Park & Ride and the Madla Transit Center. The pick-up location for both students and the public on the UTSA Main Campus has changed and now will originate at the corner of Tobin and Brenan Avenues. Free public parking will be offered in the Tobin Garage at Tobin Avenue and Cook Road. This will be the Main Campus Park & Ride location throughout the 2014 season.
4. Food Trucks will offer dinner options prior to the game in Rowdy Town on the north plaza at the Alamodome. Live music on the Bud Light Stage will begin at 5 p.m. Free entertainment for kids will be provided in Rowdy Town by game-sponsor H-E-B, State Farm and Games to You.
The Game Day Experience
2. More than 400 freshmen signed up during summer orientations and purchased jerseys to participate in Rowdy Rush and greet the team on the field prior to each home game. A new #BirdsUp flag will join the Come and Take It, State of Texas, City of San Antonio and UTSA flags leading the team onto the field.
3. Local chamber of commerce members who purchase hospitality passes along with their tickets will join UTSA President Ricardo Romo on the field in the Roadrunner Lounge pregame hospitality area. More than a dozen chambers will send representatives onto the field along with the UTSA captains for the coin toss. The chamber that sells the most tickets will be able to select a representative to toss the coin. Check with your local chamber to be part of their game day activities.
4. Merchandise sales counters inside the Alamodome have been expanded and relocated to the plaza and club level concourses outside of Sections 107, 117, 139 and 205. Merchandise also will be available in Rowdy Town before the game.
5. Additional concessions operations have been opened including mixed beverage locations on all three levels of the Alamodome. Alcoholic beverages now can be carried between levels.
6. A new customer service text messaging system will be available throughout the UTSA Football season. Customers who encounter difficulties with unruly fans or facilities maintenance issues may text the number 69050 to request immediate assistance from the Alamodome staff. All assistance texts must begin with the word “Alamo” and must include the type of request (i.e., spill, unruly fan, etc.) along with the section, row and seat number of the person requesting assistance.
Please remember to wear orange for the season opener and click here for more information on UTSA pregame and game day experiences. Several great tickets still are available and may be purchased by calling (210) 458-UTSA (8872) or clicking here. The Alamodome Box Office will be open at 9 a.m. prior to the Arizona game and doors will open to the public at 5:30 p.m.
Hope to see you in Houston. If not, I’ll see you next Thursday night at the Alamodome.