Roadrunners edged by Abilene Christian on Sunday, 4-3
FAIR OAKS RANCH — Abilene Christian rallied to edge UTSA, 4-3, on Sunday afternoon at Fair Oaks Ranch Country Club.
The Roadrunners (8-8) won the opening doubles point, but the 14th-ranked Wildcats (12-11) won four of the six singles contests to claim the match.
UTSA managed its lone singles victories at the Nos. 2 and 4 positions.
Diogo Casa won his match at the second spot with a 7-5, 6-3 decision, while Tyler Brown netted a 6-1, 6-4 win at fourth singles.
Abilene Christian also registered a pair of straight-set singles wins, but it picked up three-set victories at Nos. 1 and 3 to clinch the match.
The Roadrunners will return to action on Saturday, March 30, when they open Western Athletic Conference play at UT Arlington. First serve is scheduled for 11 a.m.
#14 Abilene Christian 4, UTSA 3
1. Ayala/Casa (UTSA) def. Gesser/Wingord (ACU) 8-3
2. Brown/Rubio (UTSA) def. Cortes/Proctor (ACU) 8-0
3. Kilgo/Kelleher (UTSA) vs. Hach/Bensley (ACU) unfinished
1. Hans Hach (ACU) def. Martin Ayala (UTSA) 6-2, 3-6, 7-5
2. Diogo Casa (UTSA) def. Guilherme Gesser (ACU) 7-5, 6-3
3. Nicklas Wingord (ACU) def. Joel Rubio (UTSA) 6-4, 1-6, 6-3
4. Tyler Brown (UTSA) def. Jason Proctor (ACU) 6-1, 6-4
5. Borja Cortes (ACU) def. David Kelleher (UTSA) 6-4, 6-0
6. Marco Bensley (ACU) def. Eric Buchalter (UTSA) 6-0, 7-5