Southland Conference announces Scholar-Athletes of the Year
The Southland annually recognizes the outstanding male and female student-athletes from each of its league-member institutions. Student-athletes must be a letterwinner with a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA and have completed at least two years of intercollegiate competition at the school from which he or she was nominated. The student-athletes were selected by their respective institution administrators.
The conference began selecting the award at the conclusion of the 1996-97 season.
2011-12 Southland Conference Scholar-Athletes of the Year
· Central Arkansas: Katie McGregor (softball), Seth Allison (football)
· Lamar: Lisa Topping (soccer), Matt Johnsen (men’s cross country/track & field)
· McNeese State: Caitlyn Baggett (women’s basketball), Ben Chretien (men’s track & field)
· Nicholls State: Carolyn Noble (soccer), Jordan Hanberry (football)
· Northwestern State: Kelee Grimes (softball), Wade Williams (football)
· Sam Houston State: Morgan Davis (women’s track & field), Travis Watson (football)
· Southeastern Louisiana: Kyle MacIntosh (soccer), Jordan Hymel (baseball)
· Stephen F. Austin: Kylie Louw (soccer), Jarid Scarafiotti (baseball)
· UT Arlington: Courtney Zink (Softball), David Subirats (men’s tennis)
· UTSA: Kelsey Jewasko (volleyball), Phil Steinert (men’s track & field)
· Texas A&M-Corpus Christi: Hannah Schwarz (softball), Nathan Robinson (men’s tennis)
· Texas State: Kelsey Bernard (soccer), Tyler Sibley (baseball)