SAN ANTONIO — UTSA will return to action this weekend when it travels to Albuquerque, N.M., to compete at the 58th annual William H. Tucker Intercollegiate.
The Roadrunners will square off against teams from Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Colorado, Colorado State, Minnesota, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Diego State, USC, TCU, UNLV, UT Arlington, Wichita State and Wyoming.
The two-day tournament tees off with 36 holes beginning with an 8:45 a.m. (CT) shotgun start on Friday, followed by 18 holes with tee times starting at 8:45 a.m. the following day at UNM Championship Course (par 72/7,562 yards)
UTSA finished 11th at last year’s event with an 849 (283-285-281). Garrison Lackey tied for 46th (75-73-80—228) and Ryan Werre finished in 53rd (78-77-75—230). This marks the sixth consecutive year that the Roadrunners will compete in the tournament.
The Roadrunners opened the fall season two weeks ago with an eighth-place finish (four-over 856/293-281-282) at the Sam Hall Intercollegiate in Hattiesburg, Miss. Sophomore Brett Hogan led the way by firing a five-under 208 — the program's best 54-hole score in 10 years and fifth-best in school history — to tie for 10th place.
What: William H. Tucker Intercollegiate
When: Friday, Sept. 27 — Saturday, Sept. 28
Where: UNM Championship Course (par 72/7,562 yards) • Albuquerque, N.M.
Format: Two-day, 54 hole event (36 holes, 8:45 a.m. shotgun start on Friday/18 holes, 8:45 a.m. tee times on Saturday)
Tournament Field: Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Colorado, Colorado State, Minnesota, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Diego State, USC, TCU, UNLV, UT Arlington, UTSA, Wichita State, Wyoming
Live Scoring: golfstat.com
2012 Team Champion: New Mexico
2012 Individual Champion: Gavin Green, New Mexico
Bryce Alley, Fr. (Longview, Texas)
· Tied for 35th with a 216 (73-71-72) at the Sam Hall Intercollegiate on Sept. 9-10
· Placed second at the 2012 Junior PGA Championship North Qualifier
· 2012 Legends Junior Tour Boys 15-18 Division Player of the Year
Brett Hogan, So. (Calgary, Alberta)
· Carded a 208 (74-67-67) to tie for 10th at the Sam Hall Intercollegiate
· Ranked second on team with a 74.64 stroke average last season
· Tied for second with a five-under 211 (68-74-69) at the 2013 Rice Intercollegiate
Garrison Lackey, Jr. (Weslaco, Texas)
· Recorded a 74.93 stroke average in 2012-13
· Tied for fifth with a 223 (70-79-74) at the 2013 WAC Championship
· Tied for 10th with a 216 (70-74-72) at the UTSA Oak Hills Invitational
J.J. Lindsey, So. (Adkins, Texas)
· Posted a 75.10 stroke average in 2012-13
· Recorded three top-10 finishes as a freshman
· Tied for fifth with a 223 (69-76-78) at the 2013 WAC Championship
Ryan Werre, Sr. (Redcliff, Alberta)
· Tied for 30th with a 215 (73-70-72) at the Sam Hall Intercollegiate
· Led UTSA with a 74.06 stroke average in 2012-13
· Recorded three top-10 finishes as a junior