· To be a premier public research university, providing access to educational excellence and preparing citizen leaders for the global environment.
· The University of Texas at San Antonio is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. As an institution of access and excellence, UTSA embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property — for Texas, the nation and the world.
Mission of UTSA Athletics
· In support of the educational mission of the University of Texas at San Antonio, our Department of Athletics bears the responsibility to provide opportunities for achievement for our Students. Our mission is to guide, inspire and support our Students to excel academically, athletically and socially. Above all else we develop productive, service-minded leaders.
Values of UTSA Athletics
Values define “what we stand for” and “what we don’t stand for.” As a Department, we value …
· To hold in high regard; esteem for a sense of the worth or excellence of a person
· Adherence to principles considered right; integrity; do the right thing every day
· Purposeful activity
· To work together; we are better together
· Trustworthy; to rely on
· Gratitude or thankful recognition