Courtesy: UTSA Athletics
NACOGDOCHES — Stephen F. Austin rolled to a 6-1 victory against UTSA in a battle between former Southland Conference foes on Thursday at the Schlief Tennis Center.
The Ladyjacks (5-7) swept all three doubles contests and won five of the six singles tilts to secure the win.
The Roadrunners (5-6) picked up their only point at No. 6 singles when Kavya Menon netted a straight-sets victory (7-6, 6-1) against Laura Servise.
Isabelle Jonsson pushed Julia Lorca to a third set, but she lost the tiebreaker 1-0 (10-6). Lorca won the opening panel, 6-3, and Jonsson rallied to even the contest with a 7-5 triumph a stanza later to force the final frame.
UTSA will return to action on Sunday, March 24, against Abilene Christian. The contest, scheduled for 2:30 p.m., will be played at Fair Oaks Ranch Country Club.
Stephen F. Austin 6, UTSA 1
1. Gordo/Lorca (SFA) def. Shichkova/Jonsson (UTSA) 8-4
2. de Haan/Servise (SFA) def. Garcia-Diaz/Junger (UTSA) 8-4
3. Bugayenko/Terentyeva (SFA) def. Hand/Menon (UTSA) 8-4
1. Malena Gordo (SFA) def. Jacobea Junger (UTSA) 6-4, 6-0
2. Julia Lorca (SFA) def. Isabelle Jonsson (UTSA) 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 (10-6)
3. Margot de Haan (SFA) def. Alena Shichkova (UTSA) 6-2, 7-5
4. Kateryna Bugayenko (SFA) def. Daniela Garcia-Diaz (UTSA) 6-3, 6-2
5. Valeria Terentyeva (SFA) def. Miranda Poile (UTSA) 6-4, 6-2
6. Kavya Menon (UTSA) def. Laura Servise (SFA) 7-6, 6-1