Courtesy: UTSA Athletics
NORFOLK, Va. — No. 54 Old Dominion sent UTSA to its third consecutive loss with a sweep on Saturday at the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center.
The Monarchs (10-3) breezed captured all three doubles tilts and all six singles matches to cruise to the victory in the battle of future Conference USA foes.
Tyler Brown and David Kelleher each pushed their opponents to a third set in singles action, while Martin Ayala and Diogo Casa were topped 9-8 at No. 1 doubles by the nation's 58th-ranked team of Carlos Lopez Villa and Can Cetinel.
UTSA (6-6) will conclude its seventh-match road trip on Tuesday, March 12, at William & Mary. First serve is scheduled for 4 p.m.
#54 Old Dominion 7, UTSA 0
1. #58 Villa/Cetinel (ODU) def. Ayala/Casa (UTSA) 9-8
2. Ochagavia/Jonas Kuwert (ODU) def. Brown/Rubio (UTSA) 8-4
3. Barrett/Schweig (ODU) def. Kelleher/Kilgo (UTSA) 8-2
1. Carlos Lopez Villa (ODU) def. Martin Ayala (UTSA) 6-4, 6-3
2. Albert Ochagavia (ODU) def. Diogo Casa (UTSA) 7-5, 7-5
3. Dante Terenzio (ODU) def. Joel Rubio (UTSA) 6-4, 6-4
4. Wesley Barrett (ODU) def. Tyler Brown (UTSA) 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
5. Jonas Kuwert (ODU) def. David Kelleher (UTSA) 7-6, 2-6, 10-5
6. Zvonimir Podvinski (ODU) def. Matt Mussenden (UTSA) 6-1, 6-1