SAN ANTONIO — UTSA will travel to Lafayette, La., this week to compete at the 28th Annual Louisiana Classics. The two-day tournament begins on Monday at Oakbourne Country Club (par 72/6,898 yards).
The Roadrunners, who placed 10th last weekend at the Bayou City Collegiate Championship, will battle against a 14-team field including host Louisiana-Lafayette, No. 12 and defending champion LSU, No. 19 Illinois, No. 24 Kent State, No. 36 Houston, No. 38 Tulsa, No. 47 South Alabama, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Mississippi and Texas State.
UTSA finished 13th at last year's Louisiana Classics behind a 10th-place showing (two-under 214) from Ryan Werre.
What: 28th Annual Louisiana Classic
When: Monday, March 4 — Tuesday, March 5
Where: Oakbourne Country Club, Lafayette, La.
Teams: #36 Houston, #19 Illinois, Kansas, #24 Kent State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, #12 LSU, Memphis, #47 South Alabama, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Mississippi, Texas State, #38 Tulsa, UTSA
Format: Two days, 54 holes, stroke play
Live Video: RaginCajuns.com
Live Scoring: golfstat.com
Ryan Werre, Jr. (Redcliff, Alberta)
· Leads UTSA with a 72.95 stroke average
· Tied for third with a two-under 211 (69-69-73) at the UTSA Oak Hills Invitational
· Has registered three top-10 finishes this season
Garrison Lackey, So. (Weslaco, Texas)
· Tied for 10th with a three-over 216 (70-74-72) at the UTSA Oak Hills Invitational
· Ranks third on the team this spring with a 73.33 stroke average
· Carded a 225 (76-77-72) to tie for 37th at the Rice Intercollegiate
Brett Hogan, Fr. (Calgary, Alberta)
· Tied for second at the Rice Intercollegiate with a five-under 211 (68-74-69)
· Named WAC Player of the Week on Feb. 12
· Ranks third on the team with a 73.67 stroke average in 2012-13
Stanton Tondre, Sr. (Castroville, Texas)
· Stands second on the squad with a 73.24 stroke average
· Posted a two-under 70-74-70—214 to tie for second at the Lone Star Invitational
· Tied for 18th at the Rice Intercollegiate with a three-over 219 (72-72-75)
J.J. Lindsey, Fr. (Adkins, Texas)
· Tied for 18th at the Rice Intercollegiate with a three-over 219 (75-71-73)
· Tied for 12th as an individual with a 219 (72-72-74) at the Lone Star Invitational
· No. 1-ranked junior by Golf San Antonio in 2011-12